Instructions for Authors
International Journal of Beth Nahrayn publishes papers of high quality in any area of interdisciplinary social science. Submission to the Journal is on the understanding that the article has not been previously published in any other form and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Research Paper: Please provide full author information, a set of keywords, and an abstract on the title page. Supplementary materials can be published if necessary. Authors are encouraged to be concise although currently there is no length limit on a research paper.
- Short Research Communication presents a concise study or sometimes preliminary but innovative research findings that might be less substantial than a full research paper. Short Research Communication is limited to 2500 words. It should have a set of keywords and an abstract summarizing background of the work, the results, and their implications. Results and Discussion Section should be combined and followed by a Conclusion. Materials and Methods will remain as a separate section. The number of references is limited to 30 and the number of figures and/or tables combined is limited to 4.
- Letter: Description of novel findings that might not be suitable for a regular research paper or short research communication may be published as a letter. The letter is limited to be under 500 words and 5 references. There should be no more than two figures or tables combined and no supplementary material.
- Commentary: This is the place for discussing controversial and/or interdisciplinary topics, viewpoints, and any other issues of interest. It is limited to a maximum of 10 references, 1 display (figure/table), and 1000 words including all contents.
- Review or mini-review should be authoritative and of high interest. mini-review that should be some 3000 or 5000 words long (excluding references and figure legends). High-quality reviews from leading researchers in their fields are particularly welcome.
Studies that are performed in only one single cell line are not acceptable in this journal. Please do not submit manuscripts of studies with only single cell line.
A note on plagiarism (please read before submission): There is a zero-tolerance policy towards plagiarism (including self-plagiarism) in our journal. Manuscripts are screened for plagiarism before, during, and after publication, and if found they will be rejected at any stage. In case that a paper is already published in our journal and appears in PubMed Central but plagiarism is still detected or later reported by readers, it will be retracted from our journal and the authors' institutions and department heads will be notified to take actions. This includes data fabrication, data falsification and image manipulation.